Laminate Flooring Business – What You Need To After Deciding To Start

Before reading this article, please note that it was written for
people wanting to start their own laminate flooring business in the
U.S. Therefore, parts of the information in this article are useful
only for those particular people.

After setting up your laminate flooring business plan and locating
suppliers, several actions are required to kick off the business.
First, you need to come up with a name, which you must then register
with the Secretary of State, unless you are doing business under your
own name. This is required so that people can identify who is the
owner of a particular laminate flooring business. For information on
how to register the name of your business visit the Secretary of State
website for the relevant forms. In California, the website is Look for the same
information for the state you want to start up your business in.

Next, you need to get is a tax I.D. or a Federal Employer
Identification Number (EIN). These are one and the same thing. The EIN
is required by the IRS for identifying employers. It is a must if you
have employees. Even if you do not intend to have employeeds, it’s
helpful to obtain it. An EIN often needed for purchasing supplies and
merchandise at wholesale prices. Read the IRS publication “Starting a
Business & Keeping Records” ( -page

After you get an EIN you should consider obtaining a license for your
laminate flooring business. Again, contact the Secretary of State
website for more information.

If you have employees, you must contact the U.S. Department of
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). It’s a federal
agency that oversees workplace safety. All employers are required to
provide a healthy and safe workplace. Health and safety inspections
are made by the OHSA without prior notice so make sure your workplace
is always set up according to their rules. For more information visit
the OHSA’s website at


Leave a Comment