Labor Rights have gradually come to be an indispensable part of the corpus of human rights. In the past, there have been instances where workers were made to work in inhumane working conditions which had an irreparable effect on their health and mind. With such a background people gradually felt a strong need for a set of Labor Rights that could protect workers from the atrocities of their employers. Laborers can get to know their rights from the Basic Conditions Of Employment Act which contains complete information on the ideal working conditions. This Act states that:
· All employers are required to display a summary of the Basic Conditions Of Employment Act in the official language of the place.
· Proper maintenance of the records of wages and working hours of laborers has to be kept by the employers.
· A detailed description of the job profile and of the expectations has to be provided by the employer to the employees.
· The workers and employees have a right to receive the certificate of service from their employers.
· Workers have the right to receive their payslips containing complete information about the employee’s name, address, and the period he/she had worked in that particular office.
· Deductions in the salary of the employees must be made in a proper manner and the employee must be given details regarding the reason for the deduction made.
Labor Unions have become quite a common phenomenon these days. These unions basically aim at providing the labor their due rights. These Labor Unions also provide laborers with Labor Lawyers at minimal or no cost for a speedy and proper settlement of the issues related to labor rights. At times, these Labor Unions also exert pressure on the employers to make certain changes in the company’s terms and conditions to make them favorable for the employees.
Demands regarding the increase in wages are also made through these Labor Unions. Labour Law South Africa mostly works in tandem with these Labor Unions guiding them regarding their Labor Rights and on other related issues. For all queries related to the employer, salary, or the working conditions, Labor Lawyers must always be referred to instead of taking any legal steps without adequate information about the various legal procedures.
Advocaat is an excellent online platform to find Top Lawyers in South Africa. Regarding the listed attorneys, one can find all the information including name, address, telephone, e-mail, specialization, court cases (Claim to fame), professional associations, Legal Resources, etc. Besides, Corporate Attorneys and Labor Law Advisors can market themselves on this forum. For more details, one can log on to