Consumer complaint boards like mugshot, rip-off, yelp, and others are established to help customer express their grievances if they feel cheated or fraud by the business they have bought services or products from. Such kind of platforms helps to make aware the upcoming potential innocent buyers to stay alert while they are buying product or service from any business. But there are different businesses, or individuals who either out of competition or other reasons, post fake complaints or reviews about any business online. You cannot just ignore them since they can introduce possible risks to your product. The majority of customers prefer to read reviews and opinions online about any business. Therefore, if you aspire to grab significant revenue, you have to take this negative publicity into your consideration.
There are some types of content on Google that falls under the category that you can claim inappropriate –
- Google says the content must be unique and authentic. If you are successful in proving that the content is spam or fake, Google will remove it to help improve rankings.
- Google will not consider an article, complaint, or review that is offensive or derogatory. This comprises content that rant personal hatred in speech.
- If someone is leaving a review on any business it should be relevant and precise, Google will agree to remove it.
How can you identify a fake negative review?
If you find any negative content boasting out hatred or dissatisfaction against your business, there are some steps on can follow to identify, if it is a genuine or fake one. You can check –
- The reviewer has none of the business records or transactions made with your business.
- The complaint is published without specifying details.
- Transaction detail is not in your records.
- You find a connection between reviewer and competitor.
- The review has a recommendation for another company in your review.
- The reviewer has not reviewed any other business in the past.
- There is no actual picture in the profile.
It is not a cakewalk to remove consumer complaints or fake Google or another review. If you find negative content and reviews on your business from your genuine dissatisfied clients, the best you can do is address their problem, try resolving the issue, improve customer service, and promote your positive content on different channels like social media. When you are not successful in removing a negative review or complaint, you can follow other strategies. You can work to improve your social media presence, take part in forum discussions, be active on review sites, and regularly share some positive content. A single negative review is sufficient to destroy the other 10 good reviews, so always try to receive good feedback from your customers so that it can help you push the negative one down the search engine result page.