Diets that are high in fat and a lifestyle lacking in exercise, have lead to obesity spreading like wildfire across the Western world. Diet soup is a healthy option that many of us, even the veggie-impaired, can enjoy.
Soup is a prime example because it is very filling but also low in calories and rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Soups are complete meals with all the daily nutrients needed, and it is almost always eaten at both the midday and evening meals.
Fat-free vegetable soups, vegetable broths, and soups made with skimmed milk are very healthy soup. If you want the soup to be more healthier and taste better, removing the fat from the soup is the best way to do it. There are some adept ways to imperatively get rid of all visible fat and grease from the soup.
1. You can cover and refrigerate the soup or broth for 6 to 8 hours or until the fat rises through liquids and solidifies in a layer at the top. Then use a spoon to lift off the hardened fat.
2. If you’re in a hurry to skim the fat off a soup or stew, use bread slices by direct application to the top layer of the soup, in order to blot up or absorb the grease.
3. A few leaves of lettuce dropped in a pot of soup will absorb grease from the top. Remove them after the fat has been absorbed onto the leaf or leaves. The lettuce leaf may also impart a slight flavor to the soup, helping to lend a little zest.
4. Blot up the top layer of grease by floating one or more paper towels on the surface of the soup. When it is fat saturated, discard the towel; it is a greasy reminder of escape from unhealthy calories.
5. Another way you can use to get rid of the fat is to boil the meat and rinse it under the cold water before you add it into the soup. It not only can rid the fat off the soup , but also make the meat much quick to cook and more tender.
Some soup producers make canned soups that have almost a half-teaspoonful of fat per serving of soup when diluted evenly with water. So dry soup mixes are the good substitution choice, and it rather low in fat and are very enjoyable. Vegetable and vegetable-beef canned soups, yet, are very low in fat content and are thus highly suitable for the low-fat diet.
Haiyan Lai-Heskin has been a nurse for 17 years. She has been writing Health, Wellness and Fitness articles for many years. Her continuing education has led her in the direction of “Nutrtion And Health Science”, a overall wellness approach to a Healthy Lifestyle [http://gorgeoushealthyyou.blogspot.com]. Try Acai Berry Weight Loss [http://www.try-acai-berry-weight-loss.com] for Free Today! And you’ll be automatically signed up to a Free lifetime memebership of weight loss management system.