Thousands of blogs publish every day including yours. Blog publish is not the final step how much it will be useful for others, what type of content you provide in your blog matters.
Read this article by an SEO agency in Caledon to know how you can Increase Blog Traffic to get many benefits for a website, whether you want to sell your product or services or do affiliate marketing and many more
How Can I Optimize My Blog
Under SEO covers all measures which serve to the placement of a Web project in the results of search engines to improve. A distinction is made between the two disciplines, on-page and off-page optimization, which, when combined, promise the greatest possible chance of success for improving the placement.
While all SEO optimizations carried out directly on the blog (texts, headings, images, metadata, etc.) are on-page measures, off-page SEO deals with all external factors, with link building being the main focus.
On-page SEO for Blogs: Important Adjustments
Positive user reviews and the longer time users spend on your website, in turn, have a positive effect on your search engine ranking.
A similarly important criterion for SEO success is the performance of their pages, which many operators neglect. Availability and especially loading time have become increasingly important over the past few years, and with the continuous growth of mobile traffic.
If the blog’s performance is inadequate, this is judged negatively by users and search engines alike. But there are many ways to improve page speed. You should pay attention to the following things if you want to optimize the performance of your website:
- Responsive odor separates, mobiles Layout
- No oversized design templates
- Economical use of plug-ins and scripts
- Regular database checks
- Use of a content delivery network
- Compression of images and source codes
While the measures mentioned above primarily improve performance, in the following, we now present ways to make the content as search-engine-friendly as possible.
Read to know: Benefits of SEO Agency in Caledon for small business
Keywords: focus on one topic and up to two key terms
For every post you write, you should first define a clear topic that runs through the entire text. It increases the chance that search engines will classify the article as particularly relevant to the selected topic.
It is also important to find the keywords that match the content, concentrating on one or two main terms. In particular, long-tail keywords (a combination of several search terms) are a tried and tested means not only to rise in the search engine rankings but also to reach those users whose search intention matches the topic of your page.
Strategic positioning of the keywords
Once you have completed the keyword research, it is important to place the search terms in the right places: In headings and the body part, you should ensure that the implementation of a keyword is never at the expense of legibility.
In addition, excessive or disproportionate use of key terms can quickly be classified as keyword spam and punished by search engines. However, it is of elementary importance to include the key keywords in the following places:
- URL: The URL is one of the first pieces of information that search engine crawlers’ process. Since each post is published under a unique URL, you also can add one or two keywords here. With a good URL structure that reflects the categorization of your posts, you also increase user comfort. For example, the URL meinblog.de/marketing/blogger-tipps tells the reader that the article comes from the subject of “Marketing”.
- Title Tag (Headline): The title is displayed as the headline of the search result hit in the search engines. It gives search services and users an initial indication of the topic your article deals with. The following rule applies here: The further upfront the search term to be highlighted, the better for SEO, says SEO agency in Caledon.
- Description: The description is a short text that, like the title, appears in the search results and provides the search engine and readers with further information about the blog post’s content. The description should contain at least one keyword.
Often neglected, but still, an important on-page SEO discipline for blogs is the internal linking of the various articles. If you have the opportunity to link to older topics related to a topic in a new article, you should do so.
In this way, you increase the length of stay of your readers and increase the chance that all pages of your blog will be recorded and listed by the search engines.
Some plug-ins for many content management systems automatically link suitable articles; you can also set the internal links manually. However, limit yourself to one or a maximum of two cross-references per text, as the link strength per additional link is greatly weakened.
If you are linking two articles together, you should also formulate appropriate, natural anchor text. The anchor text is the text that is usually highlighted in colour, leading the user to the linked page by clicking.
Instead of a meaningless “here”, you should choose a link text that makes sense in the context – for example, the title of the linked target article.
When designing blog posts, you usually don’t just limit yourself to text but also include multimedia content such as video clips and, above all, images where appropriate.
For this reason, good on-page SEO for bloggers also deals with optimizing these types of content, which search engines recognize as such by default.
Still, it can only be understood with the help of additional information. This information is specifically the file name and the so-called alt text. The latter can be defined using the alt attribute in the <img> tag of the respective image. Also use at least one image for 500 words of content.