Do you have poor blood circulation? There are many factors that affect the circulation and there are a lot of ways that can help to improve circulation. However, these 5 factors should be a starting point because a lot of people fail to increase poor blood circulation at this point.
As you age, you need to pay more attention to your health, especially on how to improve circulation or prevent the poor blood circulation happens. Blood carries nutrients required by all the organs in the body to function optimally. Many of the health concerns directly or indirectly depend on this circulatory system. Let us examine the 5 main reasons that contribute to this concern.
1. One of the most important factors is your nutrition. It is often seen that with progress and success in life, your food habits begin to suffer. Junk foods and processed readymade eatables replace nutritious foods that supply all the ingredients required by your body to keep all its systems in good shape.
2. Another reason is inadequate intake of water. 8 glasses of water must be consumed daily to keep the system hydrated. Water is a very important medium for transportation of nutrients in the blood. Increasing water consumption can improve circulation.
3. Sedentary lifestyle reduces flexibility of your organs to function at their best. Activity is known to boost their performance which will result in adequate repairs and replacement throughout the body. This also boosts circulatory systems; blood circulation is no exception. Your daily work schedules should include good amount of physical activity. At least, go to the gym regularly for workouts or swim if your job demands more of inactivity.
4. Habits like smoking and excessive alcohol intake interfere with functioning of various organs in the body, especially the lungs and the liver which indirectly affects circulation. Carbon monoxide from smoking damages cells which make up the inner lining of blood vessels. Similarly, reduce intake of tea, coffee, soda and processed drinks.
5. Last, but not the least, keep a constant watch on your body weight. Obesity puts extra pressure on your heart as it has to work harder to pump blood to the body mass. They also have hardened arteries thus impairing circulation.
Everyone should be conscious of above factors and should make it a habit in such a way that we subconsciously keep on working to improve circulation. Even if you are under certain bad blood circulation medication or treatment, making major changes on those factors is needed to make the medication or treatment become more effective