Many personal finance articles have been written on the issue of money. Can’t say I have been moved to action by many. First I’d like to say it is ok that you feel down about the current situation about your personal finances. I give you permission to feel your feeling for the next 24 hours and then pull yourself by your bootstraps and let’s what we can do.
There exist many a definition, I want to share with you my personal finance definition:
Financial freedom is not an event, it is a skill.
I bet right now with the current economic situation you are saying to yourself, “I just wish I could the lotto!” Boy don’t we all and yet statistics and personal finance facts show that the majority of people who win the lottery, end up broke and worse off before their winnings! Imagine that. You among the many seeking wealth, riches, fame few people realize that money isn’t the solution to their problems; the way you think about money is the problem and the solution.
I can almost see you going oh yeah, give me the money and I’ll show you a change in mindset!
My favorite entrepreneur of all times, Henry Ford was once asked, “What if you lost everything you own?” He responded without missing a beat: “I’d have it all back and more within 5 years.”
Being a master of your own personal finance is not about what is in the bank; it’s about the ability to acquire the skill that will show you how to produce new streams of income and wealth based on your knowledge and experience.
So before we go any further on this issue let us tackle the real problem here that is impeding your personal finance for good! Why you might ask? Well without the mastery of these 5 steps, your desire for your goal for financial success and financial freedom is highly unlikely! This is why big players in any industry have coaches, Oprah has a life coach, football players and basketball players have coaches and mentors. Tiger woods after every bad game will go in for coaching and training. Why? Those who achieve great financial success do not go it alone. They always have a team. Those who achieve great poverty have the do-it-yourself mentality!
Why is it important to plan personal finances? Well…here are:
5 Steps That Will Guarantee You Become Master Your Personal Finances
1. How do you think about money? Say you come up with an idea to do something. Do you think that will never work? Are you afraid to follow through? Are you scared of losing money or do you see every dollar spent as an investment?
2. How do you manage and invest your time? The average man has at his disposal 6 discretionary hours. This is time they can do whatever they want. No work, no chores, etc. Many will watch T.V., attend pricey sports events, spend money on meals at a restaurant and movies, see where I am going with this? Do you do personal finance budgeting?
3. How do you leverage the talents and life experiences you ALREADY POSSESS?
Most people see their experiences as failures. They only talk of how they tried to do something as failed. Thomas Edison failed more than I care to count, and yet he persisted to light the whole world. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. Thomas A. Edison
4. Do you have a mentor and coach with a proven personal finance curriculum? This is the true measure of your desire for financial freedom. This is where you literally put your money where your mouth is, can’t afford a mentor you say? Well, what was the last book you read? Gossip magazines do not count as literature sorry:!
5. What do you think is “risky,” and what do you think is “safe and secure”? Most people never break into the realm of the 5% wealthy group who own 95% of the world’s resources because they want to play it safe. They want the money, the fame, the accolades but they feel they should not have to go through the process of creating this wealth. No wonder the internet and other places are full of scams and get rich quick opportunities. Remember this success does not happen overnight, but one-night success does happen. Someone once said to me, it takes 3 years to be an overnight success!