Direct E-mail Marketing is the fastest option for sales. Email is so versatile and relatively simple to organize, as long as your data base is in good shape. A typical email campaign will deliver responses within 48 hours. This is the fastest media to generate new business avenues & push the sale.
Email Marketing is probably one of the effective way to attract new customers by keeping touch with existing ones and minimizing operating cost. E-mail Marketing campaign includes features like creating relevant data base for your target market by internet search, writing effective mail message to increase response rate & sending mails at one-to-one bases not in bulk mail style. The most recent surveys and our own experience show that Email Marketing is an integral part of a companys’ marketing activities.
Advantage of E-mail Marketing:
• Email allows you to build customer and reseller loyalty, acquire new customers, do sales support actions, cross sell and up sell.
• Email has a Return on Investment (ROI) higher than any other media (press, television, radio, direct marketing), according to the Direct Marketing Association research.
• Email allows you to monitor the email delivery result in real time, knowing the number of recipients and who opened the message and clicked its links.
• Email reaches approx.90% of the final result within 3 working days of the delivery, with a peak during the first hours of the first day for those who run Email Marketing actions at regular intervals.
• Email is easy to use.
• Email is fast; a study by Inverse Network Technology shows that 91% of email messages get to their final destination in 5 minutes, 5% in 30 minutes, 1% in 60 minutes and 3% in 12 hours.
• Email has an excellent cost/performance ratio.
• Email is reliable. The above mentioned study shows that in 95% of cases the users’ access the Internet Providers services, to send and receive email messages, without the need to try a second time.
• Email it allows you to quickly and easily identify undeliverable addresses and, therefore, to find a solution.
Disadvantage of E-mail Marketing:
• Many companies use e-mail marketing to communicate with existing customers, but many other companies send unsolicited bulk e-mail, also known as spam.
• Illicit e-mail marketing antedates legitimate e-mail marketing, since on the early Internet it was not permitted to use the medium for commercial purposes. As a result, marketers attempting to establish themselves as legitimate businesses in e-mail marketing have had an uphill battle, hampered also by criminal spam operations billing themselves as legitimate.
• It is frequently difficult for observers to distinguish between legitimate and spam e-mail marketing. First off, spammers attempt to represent themselves as legitimate operators, obfuscating the issue. Second, direct-marketing political groups such as the U.S. Direct Marketing Association (DMA) have pressured legislatures to legalize activities which many Internet operators consider to be spamming, such as the sending of “opt-out” unsolicited commercial e-mail. Third, the sheer volume of spam e-mail has led some users to mistake legitimate commercial e-mail for spam especially when the two have a similar appearance, as when messages include HTML and flashy graphics.
• Due to the volume of spam e-mail on the Internet, spam filters are essential to most users. Some marketers report that legitimate commercial e-mails frequently get caught by filters, and hidden; however, it is somewhat less common for e-mail users to complain that spam filters block legitimate mail.
• Companies considering an e-mail marketing program must make sure that their program does not violate spam laws such as the United States’ CAN-SPAM Act, the European Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 or their Internet provider’s acceptable use policy. Even if a company follows the law, if Internet mail administrators find that it is sending spam it is likely to be listed in blacklists such as SPEWS.