While Cuisinart may not be best known specifically for its coffeemakers, this brand is synonymous with quality kitchen appliances. There is no reason to expect anything but quality from this household name. As with any brand though, some products are hits and some are misses. Overall the DCC-2650 Brew Central is certainly closer to a hit than a miss. It performs well with overall scoring and reviews.
Keep in mind that this product utilizes the Extreme Brew technology, which promises to deliver that first morning cup of java 25 % faster, as well as more efficiently than other products. Unless you have other models of Cuisinart coffeemakers to compare it to, it is difficult to determine if there is a noticeable difference. Most feedback seems to express some noticeable improvement matched up to past models and some of the competition as well.
Here are some additional pros for this coffeemaker:
- It features a good sized 12-cup carafe.
- The adjustable carafe temperature controls range from low, medium to high.
- Brew Pause is a great way to grab a cup before waiting for the brewing to finish.
- The carafe design is thoughtfully engineered, with an ergonomic handle and knuckle guard to help prevent burns.
- The option of choosing whether your brew is routine or bold strength is also a great feature.
Overall, the Cuisinart DCC-2650 Brew Central is a coffeemaker that actually takes different users’ tastes and preferences into account.
While this review is largely based on individual experience, it is always a good idea to be mindful of what some consumers may not have liked about a product. So, consider a few of these noted concerns:
- Contrasted to some additional brands, the feedback is that this model looks and feels cheaper than many of its competitors.
- The brew strength selector may be a great option, but only if the difference is noticeable. Many feel it isn’t.
- The price on this model is slightly higher than the model considered a step down, yet some consumers aren’t sure there is any added value for the additional cost.
There have been numerous claims from consumers who have had to return the first model they purchased. Also, those who may be considered “coffee snobs” or coffee connoisseurs may feel other brands are more qualified to deliver an appliance that’s sole purpose is to deliver exceptional coffee.
For those who want a programmable coffeemaker that can easily be set up to 24 hours ahead, or for those who plan to use it on a daily basis, this coffee maker is a good choice. The taste seems to deliver, and the options for customizing the temperature and boldness are nice to have, even though some people claim there is no real difference. One final thing to note about this coffee maker is that many feel the style is not up to their standards, so keep this in mind before considering a purchase.
Don’t just take our word for it; let us know what you think. Drop us a line or two… more importantly, if you have a review of your own to share, we would love to hear from you.