Chocolate is a delicious food product made from Theobroma cacao seeds, both roasted and grounded. Everyone in the world is aware of the tempting taste of chocolates; they can be made in both liquid and solid forms or can be used for flavoring different dishes. Chocolates initially were taken in the form of drinks by emperors.
Lesser known facts about chocolates:
There are many things which we don’t know about Chocolates and are definitely willing to know. Here are some lesser known facts about it:
1. The word “chocolate” originally comes from the Aztec word that is “xocoatl”, which refers to a bitter and spicy drink that Aztecs used to make from cacao beans.
2. White chocolates are actually not chocolates, it’s because they don’t contain cocoa solids or chocolate liquor, but as they generally consist cocoa butter, they are said to be a chocolate product.
3. Cacao was once used as a currency. As the Aztecs loved cocoa beans and valued them so high, they begin to use it as a currency during the height of their civilization.
4. The first chocolate bar was made in England in 1872 by Cadbury.
5. Chocolates are the only thing having a special melting point of 93° F that is just below the human body temperature. That’s why chocolates melt so easily on our tongue.
6. They are immediate mental stabilizers, and increase your focus, mental strength and memory.
7. It takes up to 400 cocoa beans to make a pound of chocolate.
8. The world’s largest chocolate bar weighs approx. 5,792 kg.
9. Chocolates are very dangerous for cats and dogs and can even lead them to death.
10. Chocolates are effective remedies when it comes to cough.
Advantages and disadvantages of chocolates:
Dark chocolates are full of nutrients, they are made from seeds of cocoa tree that are the best source of antioxidants on plants, and they also reduce the risk of heart diseases in the body. There are many more advantages of consuming dark chocolates such as they protect skin from sun, works as high antioxidants, Improves Brain functions, raises HDL and protects LDL against Oxidants, improves blood flow, reduce fat from the body, decreases signs of ageing etc. Chocolates are generally used to show a symbol of affection to our loved ones, by gifting them, as eating chocolates can give the same feeling as being in love gives.
Apart from being nutritious chocolates have a negative side also as they contain high quantity of sugar, saturated fat and are low in mineral vitamins. Excess of chocolate consumption can result in tooth decay, high level of carbohydrate and calories in body, etc. Dark chocolates also contain lots of sugar but that is generally half of what milk chocolates contains.