When consumers are thinking of buying a product or service they go to the internet to do a little research. Social media profiles are often amongst the top results in search listings for brand names. Consumers will probably see your Facebook page before they see your website. That should tell you how important it is to use your social media to create and build a trustworthy brand. In fact, social media channels are search engines too and many times consumers go directly to Facebook or other social media channels for research.
While your website is filled with information about your products or services, social media can work to build trust with consumers by allowing them to see beyond the advertising and see what a company is about daily as the content changes.
Each one of the tactics below is simple and easy to do but when you take in the overall effect, you will see how your Facebook Page will help consumers believe they can trust you and that you are the right choice.
1. Verify your page – At one time Facebook only allowed celebrities and major brands to verify their pages so you would know it was a real person or brand and not an imposter. Now, if you are a legitimate company, you can get verified too. You do need proof you are a real business by providing a business phone number, a utility bill with the business name or your articles of incorporation.
2. Personal branding – Be sure to use your branding elements when creating your page. Stay consistent with your logo, color scheme, and style.
3. About page – Here is where you can really say something about your core values as a business and let consumers know important company details. You can add links to other social media accounts, link to your website or specific products, and include all of your contact information.
4. Show some personality – Social media is not about selling your product or service. It’s about creating engagement with current or potential clients. Showing product demonstrations, behind-the-scenes videos or images, even pets, and family can help to show that there are real people behind the brand.
5. Include brand influencers – You know those people who everyone knows? If you can, include pictures of yourself with them or tag them in relevant posts. Only if you know them. Don’t just tag random influencers, that’s just bad social media etiquette and they could end up blocking you. This will help bring a new audience to your page.
6. Share good news – Did you get a write-up or mention on the news? Post-it so your followers can share in the excitement with you.
7. Facebook Live – This is huge and only getting bigger. Again, your follows will be able to see you are an actual person behind the brand and will be able to interact with you live. Facebook Live videos get a higher organic reach than recorded videos.