If you are hoping to optimize your website for the latest type of search, which is voice-based, then you need to know some steps to do it. Voice search is becoming more and more popular all over the world, which is why every website needs to be optimizing for these. If you aren’t, then you are going to be missing out on some potential customers who are looking to purchase the services or products that you might have available. Keep reading on to find out some of the steps for optimizing your website for voice searches.
Steps to Optimize Any Site for Voice Search
Voice search is when a search is being done using any assistant or search engine while speaking into your tablet or mobile device. These have drastically started to increase over the last few years, which means it is definitely something that you can’t ignore. Here are 7 steps that will help you when it comes to optimizing for this, such as:
1. Creation of FAQ pages – You need to ensure that you have a FAQ page for your website if you don’t already have one set up. This would allow you to answers questions regarding your business, the products, or even the services that you have to offer. These should be done in question-like formats and contain your long-tail keywords.
2. Fast loading site – Even though it doesn’t seem like it one of the things you need to be doing is ensuring that your page loads quickly. If it doesn’t, then you are more likely to lose a customer, so make your videos and images smaller so they load faster.
3. Local SEO optimization – Another area where you need to be optimizing for when it comes to voice search is local. This is because there are a lot of people out there who do searches with the terms “near me” or “close to me” and if you aren’t on the map, then they will miss out. Also, ensure that you are using various terms for the areas around you, including city names or even zip codes.
4. Schema markup – You should ensure that you are using the schema markup since it can make everything easier in terms of finding out the menus and even the prices. The more you use this, then the easier the search engines will be able to find this information and it can help your site to pop up on the results. Customers are going to want to be able to search for a specific price range or even dish on a menu and this will help them to find your page.
5. Long-tail keywords – Not only do you need to be sure that you are using your specific keywords, but you need to expand them into long-tail keywords. These sound more natural in question-like formats and they are often used in voice searches. Find out which ones would draw more attention to your website and then expand them using local SEO terms and much more.
6. SSL secure page – Another step that you need to make sure you are doing is getting an SSL certificate for your website. This will help to ensure that it is fully secure, which would not only help to increase your ranking on the search engines, but also make customers feel secure. If they are going to be purchasing something off of your page, then they would want it to be secure so that their data and personal information will be safe. This is something that everyone would look for, so go ahead and do this.
7. Use short sentences and simple words – If your industry is complicated you want to make sure that what you are writing about is uncomplicated. When it comes to creating the FAQ page ensure that you are using simpler words, if possible, and that you are using short sentences. Nobody wants to try to read something that is overly long or something that they can’t understand, so make sure it is easy for beginners to read and understand.
You must be thinking about this when you are optimizing your website for voice searches since they are starting to dominate the online world. If you aren’t doing this, then you are going to be missing out on sales and potential clients.
There is a lot that you are going to have to optimize your website for and it keeps changing based on technology and improvements. The latest method that you need to optimize for is voice search and you should make sure to have an FAQ page. You also need to make sure that you are using long-tail keywords and local information for your business and mark-up schema to allow them to find prices, dishes on the menu and so much more.