Your roof is one of the most important yet neglected parts of your home. You don’t usually think about your roof until it starts to leak or gets damaged. If it is time to have your roof replaced read these 5 quick tips to help you with your roofing project.
1. Get a written contract. Get everything in writing before your roofer begins work so that there are no surprises. The bid should be detailed giving you prices for labor, materials, etc.
2. Check your roofer out before you begin work. Don’t just ask for references, pick up the phone and call them. Also make sure that they are licensed and insured.
3. Never pay for the job all up front. Most companies will want some sort of down payment but you should never pay for the entire job before it has been completed.
4. Get multiple bids. Don’t just get one or two bids. This is a big job and you need many bids to compare. Beware of the lowest bidder and remember that you do not want to be ripped off and you also get what you pay for.
5. Be wary of con artists. Watch out for lowballers wanting large deposits or contractors who knock on your door soliciting. If a deal sounds too good to be true it probably is.
Having a roof replaced is a big job. Take your time, do your homework and you will get through this home repair project easily.