One of the great things about choosing places to visit in Texas is that you have a vast expanse of state from which to choose. As with many things in life, though, having too many choices can become overwhelming. Take a simple piece of advice — don’t complicate things. If you’re a big fan of scenery and love a good landscape, nothing beats a trip to the Texas Hill Country.
So, grab a good camera, lace up some good outdoor footwear, and make plans to visit these five outstanding scenic showstoppers:
1. Checking out Bluebonnets near Brenham, Texas – Brenham, Texas is most known for being the headquarters of Blue Bell Ice Cream (a Texas institution). But outdoorsmen in the know keep an eye on this beautiful city in Washington County for its spectacular bluebonnet splendor. There are regular updates from the city for visitors trying to find the exact right time to check out the state flower of Texas as part of their “Wildflower Watch.”
2. Natural Caves and Caverns – The Texas Hill Country is home to some of the most awe-inspiring natural wonders in the world. The area offer visitors a chance to have an up-close look at how time & the right conditions can make for an unforgettable scenic adventure. Some of the more well-known places to visit are the Natural Bridge Caverns in New Braunfels, TX and Cave Without A Name in Boerne, TX.
3. The Swiss Alps of Texas in Leakey, TX – The Frio and Nueces Rivers are responsible for creating amazing elevations and stunning canyons. The views are varied and spectacular, and with access to numerous outdoor activities, there is no shortage of time to take in some of the best scenery in all of Texas.
4. Blue Hole in Wimberley, TX – If you’re a fan of “good old” swimming holes, it’s hard to beat the natural beauty of Blue Hole and the long-surviving cypress trees that line its banks. With efforts having been made to create and preserve the area through the establishment of Blue Hole Regional Park, generations to come will continue to enjoy the views.
5. Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Park in Brenham, TX – The park is on the Brazos River and offers visitors a great place to take in beautiful views of Texas. Though scenery tends to be seen as more of a look at landscapes, this park allows visitors the chance to look back in time and see what Texas looked like before statehood.